Monday, September 24, 2012


I've just started to get inquiries from the AGA eJournal item that just appeared. I'm expecting final trip details any time now and will get them out to those who've inquired when I receive them. In the meanwhile, by all means let me know if you're interested. I can give you now one piece of basic information on traveler qualifications:

  • US citizen or legal resident of the US
  • nonplaying partners are OK
  • under age 18 must be accompanied by a parent.
Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an amazing trip! Do we know if there will be an actual tournament with the Academia Cubana de Go or just a bunch of friendly games? I noticed that the newsletter said we'd have the chance to play "informal" games as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've yet to work out the details of play Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday with the Academia. I expect some sort of organized competition; but, as I say, what form is yet to be worked out. May depend partly on what size group we have. If you have suggestions, by all means let me know.

      Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday there will be excursions in and around Havana. Evenings will be free for travelers to spend as they choose. One possibility would be informal games with people from the Academia. That's what I meant by informal games.

      Delete
    2. Sounds great! Depending on the number of people it could be fun to have a little team tournament one day and individual matches the next. Perhaps both sides have a 3 player team per division (mid kyu, upper kyu, and dan divisions). The teams square off and each team with 2 or more wins will be the division winner. Since it would just be one round of games then that could probably be done in an afternoon. Could be fun :)

      Delete